Friday, August 31, 2012

I finally uploaded photos!

Aren was not too excited about a family photo this day, but this is the best one we have so far- taken in June.

Elias really loves watching Aren.

Not the best photo (head cut off, double chin-age), but, Elias smiles most of the time or goes after furniture. I didn't think it would be that hard to find a pic of him, but if this is the best one I found.... I need to use the camera more!

Aren does time in her room by herself- I found with her babies and she is reading Go Dog, Go! to them.

She wanted to come and show me her box of treasures she was really excited about.

Here is the box!

Upon further inspection, I saw she was really growing in her nurturing skills (and maybe hoarding). I was wondering how she finished that piece of broccoli so fast!

She LOVES doing, 'nastics,' at Yaya and Auntie Greta's gym, and at home.

Auntie Teresa made her a skirt and bows, and brought wings over so she could play dress up!

I didn't get her the straw fast enough.

We thought she was sleeping until we heard the door nob to her room- she even managed to break out of her wardrobe filled p&p.
So here are the latest pictures we have of our life! Pete has started class again, LOVES it, and is learning new things every week in the carpentry world. If you ever wonder where he went, chances are the latest Fine Homebuilding or Fine Woodworking have arrived OR This Is Carpentry has just come out with a new article. =) Fall is coming and the leaves are falling off the trees- and it is still in the 90's. We are thankful for being here in Louisville, the Lord is teaching us many things and has a great church family here to encourage, admonish, and help us to know and love God and his ways more. (We still do miss our dear families greatly!) This is the first fall I won't be in a school since Kindergarten! I am really thankful to be home with our kids and am looking forward to watching them grow up. Time with them is going by so fast, and I don't want to miss it. I will miss teaching, but it will always be there, and is not the same as being with our own children.
Aren is busy! She is constantly learning and keeping us in tip-top shape. Today she rested her head on her hands and said, 'Sheesh, I am so tired.' (mimicking either me or Pete). She does not miss a beat. Elias is also very talkative- 'dadadadaddaDADADAAAA!'. I think he gets it from Pete. He is rolling all around to the furniture and is fascinated with making the ottoman move. He really likes bananas and watching his sister.  Please keep praying for our children and that they would see their need for a Savior- for their imperfect parents who are only made right to God through Jesus' perfect life and death, and that we would count all things as loss in comparison to knowing Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment