It's been a long time since we posted last and that is mostly due to the fact that 1st trimester (yes- we are expecting!!!) has taken me out. I have been really sick and easily worn out, and to be honest, pregnancy is hard for me physically. Without the Lord, I would merely complain about my circumstance or look in vain to the end. The Lord has been gracious and patient with me, not angry or impatient, and does not lack understanding. He does not expect my perfect response because Christ IS my perfect response. I look at my sin and see how much I look to the things of this world for my hope instead of Christ. Feeling well, being able to do things, having energy to do multiple things, spending time with loved ones, cooking dinner and taking care of our home, drinking coffee- these things are not deserved but are gracious gifts that I have taken for granted. Please continue to pray for me that I would only find my hope in Christ and not look to the things of this world to bring comfort. Only Christ truly satisfies, but I am so tempted to settle. The Gospel reminds me that He is faithful, He does not grow weary in doing good, and He died for my sins so that I could be forgiven and given a new heart to honor and please Him. He only disciplines those that he loves, like a loving Father disciplines his sons for their good. "for this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." 2 Cor 4:17.
OOOOOH I have been waiting for this announcement! Congratulations!! Such a blessing as your family grows. Praying for energy, peace and joy - gentleness and gratefulness as you continue to LEARN the secret of being content. (What a lesson, eh?) Hope all is well. Aren is a doll. HUGS.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a beautiful child. God is blessing you with yet another girl I do believe. Love, dad
ReplyDeleteOh my Aren is sooo cute. Miss you guys so much. Wish we could hang out!! Lets talk soon!!!
ReplyDeleteMegan
Congratulations Pete, Katie and Aren on the good news for baby boy!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for all of you. We are all so blessed.
We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.
Love, mom (grandma McCanna) :)