Friday, May 21, 2010
Awaiting
"It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority." Acts 1:7. Oh but it can be hard to understand! Being one day overdue, I can be so tempted to think, why not now? I want to give over to the things that could of/should of/might happen... but God tells us that this is a waste of time! The Lord has his intentional purposes in everything He does- nothing happens that is outside of his knowledge or control, and purposes. "I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord!" Jer 29:11. Not my plans, because I no longer live for myself, but for my Glorious Redeemer. He is conforming me to himself, and this is part of the process- to learn to wait on and trust in Him more. So that is our prayer request- that we would be conformed more to Christ, and he would give us the grace to trust in Him as we wait on his perfect plan. "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment