Monday, January 18, 2010
It's a girl!... Or, at least the nurses think it is.
Friday, Katie and I attended our second ultrasound. It was great. The nurse was informative, and both of us began to understand what we were looking at in the monitor. The baby is doing well. We got to find out what the gender of our baby was after the nurse who was doing our ultrasound called in a co worker to confirm that they believed it to be a girl. We were both excited and I, also admittedly was in shock, not realizing how much I was hoping for a boy. I am in no way bummed or disappointed, it is great to be having a daughter. The Lord is good and he sees what we need... and it looks like we are needing a baby girl. Katie is very excited to have a daughter. She is already looking forward to mother daughter time in the future and might be planning some of these excursions presently. Here are a few of the ultrasound photos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay- a girl! Very exciting indeed! You need the easy girl before you have toddler boy and wonder what you were thinking when HE flushes your cell phone down the loo!!! Enjoy all the fun times together that you have now. Hope that the baby shower went well- sorry could not be there! Teresa
ReplyDeleteI do believe girls are wonderful. You will be love being parents of new Michelle.
ReplyDeleteLove,
dad
I KNEW it!! Pete, in your haste to protect your daughter from all boys, please do not shoot our son. We are already quite attached to him.
ReplyDeleteWe love you!! SO happy!!
I am glad you could find your baby on that ultrasound, let alone that it's a girl!...it's a mystery to me but that's what doctors are for. Congratulations, Pete and Kate!!
ReplyDeleteUncle Jerry
Yep can't wait to meet, hold & love on niece Schutte...she is going to be raised by such wonderful parents. Be encouraged, God has be preparing you for this for a LONG time!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you both! Miss you Miss Katie! Love from So Ca. Terry and Dave
ReplyDeleteI was so excited for you both first when we heard the news and next when we heard that you were having a baby girl. I can't wait to meet her, and hold her and play with her. This is just wonderful news. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love, mom (grandama McCanna).!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I like the picture of the baby, the lantern and the books. How blessed she will be to have parents like these!!!
Can it have the name Teke in it somewhere? That would make me very happy :] Miss you katie!
ReplyDeletehuntar-teke